New TV documentary will premiere Dec 8th, BBC4
Please note updates to Don’s representation: PR: 2911 Media Jeremy Westby – firstname.lastname@example.org 1-833-537-2911 For serious industry enquiries about booking Don McLean for concerts or concert tours please contact the agent: North America: Guy Richard APA 405 S Beverly Dr. Beverly Hills, CA 90212 310.888.4200 For international booking excluding North America, contact: Paul Charles Asgard […]
Dolly Parton and Don McLean backstage at Dolly’s Bangor, Maine show on June 18, 2016
1. Don’s new album “Botanical Gardens” will be released in 2017 featuring all new original compositions.
2. The Starry Starry Night 3-disc package will be released in the UK this summer by Weinerworld with US and worldwide releases to follow. The package includes two re-mastered HD DVDs and an audio CD.
3. Two of Don’s stadium shows from the 1980s in Cork, Ireland have been re-mastered and will be released in full HD by Weinerworld following the Starry Starry Night release.
4. Don’s 70th birthday concert recorded on October 2nd 2015 at Fairfields Hall, Croydon, UK will air on TV next year.
5. Don has recently recorded 23 songs (pop, country, rock, etc) in Nashville for an upcoming Playin Favorites type album.
6. Don is currently writing new songs and for the first time is collaborating with another celebrated songwriter (and Don’s guitarist) Vip Vipperman.
7. A new British TV documentary about Don is in the works.
Don McLean is returning to Europe for a show at Belfast’s Waterfront Hall on September 30, 2015 followed by a tour of several countries. Dates for Holland, Belgium and Norway have been posted. More to follow as individual dates are released for publication by the promoters. Don is also touring UK and Ireland in May and the […]
I thought it would be interesting as I reach age 70 to release this work product on the song American Pie so that anyone who might be interested will learn that this song was not a parlor game. It was an indescribable photograph of America that I tried to capture in words and music…
For about seven years from the late 1960s to the mid 1970s I knew the Seegers (Pete and Toshi) about as well as anybody. I worked with Pete Seeger frequently. He was very generous and encouraging at a time in my life when it meant a great deal to me. However, there were some things […]