Don was in fine form for his show at the River Cree Resort, Edmonton on Jan 28th. Don was accompanied by his band, Vip Vipperman, Jerry Kroon, new regular Brad Albin and Ray Herndon who was covering for Mike Severs at this show. Tony Migliore is recovering from hip surgery but will soon return to lead the band. […]
1. Don’s new album “Botanical Gardens” will be released in 2017 featuring all new original compositions.
2. The Starry Starry Night 3-disc package will be released in the UK this summer by Weinerworld with US and worldwide releases to follow. The package includes two re-mastered HD DVDs and an audio CD.
3. Two of Don’s stadium shows from the 1980s in Cork, Ireland have been re-mastered and will be released in full HD by Weinerworld following the Starry Starry Night release.
4. Don’s 70th birthday concert recorded on October 2nd 2015 at Fairfields Hall, Croydon, UK will air on TV next year.
5. Don has recently recorded 23 songs (pop, country, rock, etc) in Nashville for an upcoming Playin Favorites type album.
6. Don is currently writing new songs and for the first time is collaborating with another celebrated songwriter (and Don’s guitarist) Vip Vipperman.
7. A new British TV documentary about Don is in the works.
Don McLean is returning to Europe for a show at Belfast’s Waterfront Hall on September 30, 2015 followed by a tour of several countries. Dates for Holland, Belgium and Norway have been posted. More to follow as individual dates are released for publication by the promoters. Don is also touring UK and Ireland in May and the […]
I thought it would be interesting as I reach age 70 to release this work product on the song American Pie so that anyone who might be interested will learn that this song was not a parlor game. It was an indescribable photograph of America that I tried to capture in words and music…
Don McLean has completed recording his brand new album “Botanical Gardens” featuring 12 new songs and two bonus tracks. The CD is currently in post-production and will be accompanied by a DVD filmed during the live recording sessions for the album.
A song about Vincent Van Gogh reminds crime novelist Tess Gerritsen about a bad romance. Don McLean enjoyed reading Tess’s account in the Wall Street Journal.
Recorded at the Free Trade Hall, Manchester, England in October 1991 accompanied by John Platania and the Jamie Marshall Band.